Tuesday 24 September 2013

Shorn the Sheep and Horny Goats





The sheep and goats seem to have survived the removal of their warm woolly coats.  Percy (the little goat) was really shivering yesterday and I was worried this morning when he was missing.  I checked the big shelter which was empty and then went to check Alario's old shelter.  I approached in trepidation - half expecting to find a dead or sickly goat,  but no, he had obviously found it nice and cosy in the smaller shelter and jumped up in quite a lively manner when I looked in through the door.  Later he was to be seen sun bathing in front of  it.  The two old bucks took it all their stride and just carried on as usual. The sheep returned to their alpaca friends and did not even bother to go into the shelter.   Their fleece was absolutely perfect and Cedric made a really good job of shearing them.


It looks as though it is raining mushrooms.   We keep thinking that they are coming to an end when another crop pops up.  These days I try not to go shopping until the 'fridge and all the cupboards are nearly bare.  It works well and I have to be creative when using up the last bits and pieces and it definitely prevents any wastage.  Last night I used a picking of mushrooms with the penultimate vegetable in the 'fridge, a marrow.  I tossed them in butter and added some quorn, spices and tomato ketchup to make a lovely sauce and served it all with rice.  It was really tasty.www.alpacas-for-sale.co.uk





No comments: