Monday 30 March 2009

Briefly

Well even though the days are longer they seem to go just as quickly and we still don't seem to get everything done as planned.

Yesterday was taken up helping a friend run her dog agility show. Jake, Mike's collie, competed for the first time. Unfortunately I had to run him as Mike's new knee was not up to it. He went very well, although a bit mad. I don't think I was concentrating very well as I was managing a ring and running my dogs in between times - not the best frame of mind for coping with a manic collie. Unfortunately Romie, my best dog, went lame during a jumping round. She seems much better today so I am hoping she will be fit for Easter - the first big competition of the year.

This morning, we had farm visitors who seem really interested in buying some of our alpacas, so that took some time. The alpacas behaved impecably and enchanted our guests.

We have just sent up a payment system on line for our alpacas garments and gifts. Up until now we have been using my son's credit card facility which is making things difficult now that we have more transactions.

We have decided to have a new kitchen installed in our log cabin. We still have 2 years of our 5 years temporary planning permission and we thought we might as well make the most of what we have got in the meantime. The lady from the company supplying the units came to measure up and quote this afternoon. Our neighbour is going to do the work as he is a professional builder.

Halter training is continuing but today the youngsters decided that they had never seen a halter before and that I am their worst enemy. I hope things will go better tomorrow.

Weather is still lovely. There was a frost last night and all the water troughs froze as did the field pipes, but apparently no leaks.

No comments: