Tuesday 19 January 2021

More Rain, Wind and Mud


 Everything is going smoothly but to be honest it is not much fun.  The fields are sodden and I would like a £1 for every time I have de-mudded and dried the dogs.   They need to go out for exercise and the obvious necessities and they enjoy it, so I don't begrudge  the extra work and washing!

No news on Avian flu restrictions being eased.  The hens are becoming more and more reluctanct to return to their quarters after I have cleaned up.   They really enjoy the fresh air and time spent outside in their run.

Mike has finished renovating a pretty cupboard which we use as a bathroom cabinet and I have brought parts of my old dolls house down from the attic to start restoring it now that the so called "office"  space is free again.  I think it was made by my great grandfather and has fallen into disrepair over the years.  I have been looking online to try and find something similar as a guide but have not found anything like it to base my work on yet.  Maybe it is a one off.

I seem to remember my father painted it when I was a little girl and the colours are just what he had available at the time (would have been the 1950s).  I  think the interior is original although there are some broken banisters and suchlike.

The alpacas are all looking a bit bedraggled as they are nearly always wet at the moment even though they  have access to shelters if it rains.  Their fleece is very thick and the top acts almost like a thatch when it is wet.


What do you want to do ?
New mail
What do you want to do ?
New mail
What do you want to do ?
New mail

No comments: