Thursday 8 August 2019

Back to Normal

Took my dogs, Teddy and Dolly to an Agility Competition held at West Point Showground near Exeter.  The show was run over four days commencing last Saturday until Tuesday.

I am having a crisis of confidence at the moment as I am having difficulty remembering courses.
Despite that, Dolly did several nice runs but made some mistakes and I made handling errors too.  She qualified  10th for the Blenheim Palace Agility Stakes but it is 135 miles away so I don't think I will go.

Ted was a bit wild for the first couple of days but then I decided to go back to basics and did  some serious sit wait training in the car park which we then transferred to the competition ring.  Although he did not get a clear round he was more responsive and allowed me to leave him at the start so I could get a head of him.

We have sold 3 alpacas which is a start for our closing down sale.   The young couple who bought them seem very keen and subject to a clear pre-movement TB test they should be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

www.alpacas-for-sale.co.uk

No comments: