Thursday 29 April 2010

Young Farmers

Yesterday evening we had a visit from a local Young Farmers Club.   About 20 turned up and stayed for nearly and hour and a half.   They seemed very interested in finding out about alpacas although they did not ask any of the technical questions which Nick warned me of.    They did ask for the nearest pub when they were leaving and I directed them to the Tytherleigh Arms over the road.    It might have been a bit of a shock for them, but no doubt I will hear about it from Martin, the landlord, next time we go over there for a meal.

I divided the alpacas into groups starting with the remains of our original females, then the younger females we have bred on farm and finally the 20-09 weanlings, who were, of course the most popular especially with the girls.  We talked about fleece and the quality and also what makes a good alpaca.  They were all very pleasant young people and I hope that they enjoyed their evening.

No comments: