Wednesday 1 April 2009

British Summr Time

Putting the clocks forward has made a huge difference, but we tend to forget how late it is in the evenings and find ourselves still outside when we should be indoors having dinner and putting our feet up.



I have my alarm set at 4.30 p.m. to give Tilly her heart tablet and again at 7.30 p.m. to remind me to shut the chickens up. It was easy in the winter because as soon as it started to get dark it reminded me. I think I'll soon have to set the alarm to remind me to go indoors and get dinner ready.



Mike has made a rustic trough to go outside the front of the chalet and I am looking forward to buying some impressive plants to go in it. Everything is starting to grow really fast - the grass in the paddocks - hooray - and the grass in the garden - not so good.

I am taking a selection of our alpacas to the first show of the season this weekend so Mike has been doing some last minute jobs on the trailer. I have not towed since last year and reversing is not my best subject so I am hoping to have a practice tomorrow. The weather forecast is good for tomorrow and Friday so the alpacas should be OK to be left out in the paddocks. It is bad news to take them to a show wet because it spoils the fleece and they are unlikely to dry properly before being judged.

No comments: