Wednesday 26 March 2008

All alone today


Mike still goes back to our garage business in Salisbury once a month and today was the day.


We woke up at about 6 a.m. so we still had time for our usual cup of tea in bed!! Can't start the day without that.


Mike set off at about 8.15 a.m. and the rest of the day was mine. Unfortunately that means there is no-one to share the chores with!!


I had quite a list of extras because tomorrow we are taking our dogs to the chiropractor for their pre-season check up. We compete in agility with them and they do a lot of running, jumping, twisting and turning so we like to make sure that they are in good nick at the start of the season. Mike and I are also having a pre-season tweak - followed by lunch - as Zoe, our chiropractor is also a good friend. I groom the dogs several times a week but I think it is only fair to present Zoe with relatively clean dogs, even if not freshly bathed, so grooming six dogs was a priority, but only actually got round to it at about 5 p.m.


Had to do the VAT return today as we are out for most of the day tomorrow and as previously mentioned loads of times, going to an alpaca show for the weekend. This is a task which I tend to ignore as long as possible. I spent most of my working life doing office work so now tend to avoid it as much as I can.


I also made a start on re-organising the barn which has been a dumping ground since we moved from quite a big house in to our temporary home whilst we get the alpaca business going. Mike is putting up shelves in the attic at the top of the barn and I am trying to identify and organise our long lost belongings.


I suddenly realised that I had not entered the North Somerset Show at Wraxall. There is an agricultural show for the alpacas and a dog agility competition for the dogs so 5th May should be a very good day and loads of fun.


The closing date for the alpacas is 28th March so my entry was hurredly completed and put in the first class post today. Fingers crossed that the royal mail is on my side. They usually manage to deliver all the bills on time don't they?


Today's picture is the view from outside my office as I am bringing in the soon to give birth girls and the show alpacas at night and whenever the weather is bad at the moment.

No comments: